Friday, April 13, 2012

The Reality Is...

Facebook and Blogs rarely show the full truth. I think it's all well and good to capture the happy, wonderful moments of our lives...to focus on them even. That's what we should do. But there is so much good that could be done by simply sharing our realities as they truly are. As a stay-at-home Mom of twins and triplets, my life is rarely reflected accurately on my blog. Not because I try to do it that way, but quite frankly, I don't have a lot of time to blog so why blog the bad stuff? But maybe if you knew my reality, you'd feel more comfortable in yours. As moms, we are always judging other moms...and judging ourselves in comparison to them. Who's house is the cleanest, who makes the cutest clothes for their children, who takes the best photos, who is the craftiest, etc. So here is my reality.

My house really looks like this...



...and I'd prefer that it didn't. In order to keep it looking half way decent, I have to work all day every day. And well. I just can't do that all of the time.

My kids really look like this...



....and I wish they didn't. We own tons of cute clothing, but honestly, it's easier to let them run around in whatever they find.

My house sounds like this...




...and believe me when I say that I'd rather it sounded like this...
*crickets chirping*

Most days I can't make dinner. Most days I'm exhausted, frustrated, and stressed, and don't sit down till about an hour before I go to bed. Going out requires at least an hour of prep time, and then it takes another 20 minutes to get everyone and everything loaded in the van...if the kids cooperate. When we take the kids to visit anyone at any time, we don't get to visit because we are too busy wrangling the children. Date nights are difficult because we need two baby-sitters unless we go out after (at the very least) the babies are down for the night, and by then we are often to tired to do anything.

I shower every other day.

It took me 4 days to write this post.

That's the reality of our lives. If you add that to all of the wonderful things that I do blog about. So I am going to try and make an effort to record things a bit more accurately. Because I love reading someone's blog and realizing that their lives can be difficult too. Then I know that I'm actually doing pretty well with mine! :)

5 comments:

Kelly said...

That made me smile! You are just like the rest of the world of moms!! I have been to your house and feel so comfortable there- mess or no mess- it's so nice all the time. Your kids thrive ad mist the noise and mess- it's so normal and I love it. I love the reality of life in your house and mine too- though wish it were all fun and games- it isn't though, right?!!

nancy said...

hallelujah for the truth, abby. i hope this will inspire others.

Amanda B. said...

Awesome post!! It is so true that it is easy to read other blogs and feel we aren't doing good enough, when we know that it usually is not reality. We all do it- post the good stuff and not a lot of bad. But it is a good reminder. And this really looks better than my house and all of my kids are over 5! :)

Leslie said...

You know I love you for this...

Breezi@ Not Your Average Fairytale said...

I love this. You are my hero.


I love knowing I'm not the only one who doesn't have "it" all together. ;D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...