Wednesday, December 1, 2010

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

The Christmas season is upon us and, as always, I am elated. Even after 29 of them, I still find Christmas magical, peaceful and joyful. Our tree is up and absolutely gorgeous (in my humble opinion). But it's beauty comes not just from the lights, but the meaningful ornaments that adorn our tree. Every year since my birth, I have received an ornament from my parents that had something to do with that past year. This tradition and the ornaments and memories mean so much to me that Eli and I have done this for the kids. Opening the box of ornaments and placing them on the tree is more like a walk down memory lane than decorating. There are happy thoughts and sad thoughts, but they all come back to the Savior and this joyous season.

Christmas this year is proving to be even more magical than years past. Charlie and Olivia are finally beginning to "get" some of what is going on. They recognize Santa and Christmas trees, the baby Jesus and his mother. There little jaws just dropped when they saw the Christmas tree all lit up and decorated. Both of them have their own little tree in their rooms, which they think is about the neatest thing EVER.

In only 2 weeks we will celebrate their 2nd birthdays. I can't believe how time has flown. As of 3 nights ago they are officially in their own separate rooms. They've had the croup, so Charlie had been sleeping in the office in a pack-n-play so they wouldn't wake each other up with their coughing. When I told Charlie it was time to start sleeping in his crib again, he said, "No! Charlie office!" So we just moved his bed into his new room. Once the computer is moved to the living room, we are turning their cribs into big kid beds. I miss their "littles," as Eli and I used to call them. My children are getting so big, so old, so smart, so sweet, so loving, and so funny! It is my joy to watch them grow, but it's a little sad that this time is so fleeting. But for now we will CELEBRATE!

December is full of such celebration for our family...and a few memories that tug at the heart strings. But even those memories will always be a part of our celebration, because it is the Savior that we celebrate. And it is the Savior who has turned our sadness and heartache into joy. How truly blessed is our little family.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i need to buy stock in Kleenex.

The Katzbox said...

They are perfection and the perfect year-round meaning of Christmas. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...