Saturday, October 23, 2010

Piece of Cake...I mean Pie.

A few weeks ago, my husband ventured into the frightening world of baking! Eli is a fantastic cook when it comes to breakfast food, but he doesn't do much else. However, he L-O-V-E-S pie. Eli is also in the Elder's Quorum in our church and he and the others in the quorum decided to have a pie party before a meeting one evening. So, my ambitious husband decided to bake his first pie...rhubarb. It looked delicious, but I didn't get a bite as it was for the meeting. When he returned home, he said that the guys thought it was wonderful and asked if I had been the one to bake it. (Definitely not. I don't do pie. Unless it's pumpkin...or chocolate mousse...or banana cream.)

Anyway, Eli thought it was so good that he decided to make a cherry-rhubarb pie a couple days later. I did get a a taste of this one, and being that i don't love pie, it's a huge compliment for me to say that my husband can bake a great pie! Guess you have a new job around here Honey!

Here's Eli with his very first pie. He's so proud! :)
Sorry about the pic quality. The lens on my phone was foggy & I hadn't fixed it yet.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i can attest to the incredible goodness of the rhubarb-cherry pie. i am not a pie freak, but whoa! duuuuuude! i mean, SERIOUSLY!

The Katzbox said...

I loved it when he said he had to go to "...Whole Foods because that's the only place you can get fresh rhubarb this late in the season"...wha?..was that ELI that just uttered that sentence?...

:)

Anonymous said...

God love eli, that's all i've got to say. what a gem in the universe he is. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...