Thursday, December 13, 2007

So Sad.

I have to take a sad turn with my entries. I apologize. But today at work we found out that our director's father (who was living in Ireland) died in a car accident. Our director cannot go overseas to be with her grieving mother because her passport is expired. It truly is a horrible thing to have happen, especially at this time of year. Her parents were supposed to be flying home for Christmas this Wednesday. Please offer a prayer for my director and her family. And remember your own family and how important they are to you. Love them while they are here. Thank you.

2 comments:

The Katzbox said...

Oh Abby, I am so sorry...it's interesting however, that complete strangers from another country entirely can impact our own holiday season....we can think of thme and remember them and pray for them and in turn, be more conscious of our own family and what we have. I you find an address, it might mean something to recieve cards and letters from the heartland of America at this time...I'd be one board if we can send them to their daughter or a designed P.O. Box like "one" in Worthington and have them forwarded...Just say the word...love you and your big heart honey.

Anonymous said...

Abby, sorry to be so slow with responding but as you know, I am a computer moron and am just now learning my way around the Blog-o-sphere! Bear with me (as you so often do)!

I like Debbie's idea (it is soooooooo Debbie) and would be happy to lend a hand. Keep me posted.

I hope your director finds some solace through this very difficult time. I can only shudder to think....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...