Saturday, December 15, 2007

I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas!



Well, it's SNOWING! And it's going to keep snowing, if the meteorologists are right. They are predicting 3-5 inches in central Ohio. Which means we will probably get 3. What I'm wanting is 5...or more! A girl can hope. :) It's just so beautiful. I enjoy everything about snow. I love the way it looks, feels, sounds. Yes...snow does have a sound. I even love wiping it off my car before I drive, and I love driving in it. The world can't help but slow down, and it's a nice respite from the frantic pace of everyday life. Snow is so pure, fresh, and peaceful. Sometimes I think Heaven must be a giant snowglobe.

I added some pictures of my oh-so-cute house in the snow. I know, I'm a bit of a nerd. But can you believe this is what I get to look at everyday?!



(But where's Mr. Thomas?) Truly though, I can't believe this is mine!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Abby, you have managed to capture the true essence of snow - not so much with your pictures, though they are charming and I appreciate you sharing them, but with your words. As you know, I adore snow - yes, even driving in it - and I wish that it wasn't the Rodney Dangerfield of the 4 seasons. Afterall, God created snow, so how awful can it be? Besides, can't you just picture God up there in heaven, in his snow fort, peeking through the "windows" and hurling a good sized snowball at some unsuspecting Floridian (or Californian?) Hmmmmm??????? :)

Anonymous said...

Speaking of snow, Per and I are heading up to the Blue Ridge Mountains today to soak up the snowy ambience there. We will travel the Skyline Drive, sip some cocoa at one (or two!) of the various stops along the way, marvel at the incredible views, and re-think Christmas all over again.

And we will toss a prayer to you into the wind. :)

I love you,
Mumsy Woo

The Katzbox said...

Oh my gosh..."the Rodney Dangerfield of the 4 seasons..."...how funny is THAT??? I love your mom.

These pictures are beautiful...I have snow envy...please please please, more pics of your cabin...please...did I say please? I need to see your house from any and all angles...it just holds so many emotions for me...you and Eli are so dear and mean so much to so many...love ya honey.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...