Saturday, March 30, 2013

April Menu

March. Kicked us in the butt. A full week of nothing but the BRAT diet meant that I never got around to making a lot of the meals I had planned. :( But we LOVED the Cheese Tortellini recipe, the Baked Chicken Fajitas (we're having it again in April!), the Pesto Ranch Chicken, The Buffalo Garbage Bread (just don't use thin crust pizza dough :/ ), the Kielbasa Penne, the Lasagna Roll Ups, and the Chicken Roll ups (I used melted butter and Italian seasoning on top, and left out the soup mix.) So, basically, we loved all of the new recipes we tried, with the exception of the Orange Chicken. Not so much. Adding the side dishes last month didn't go well for me either. I just kept forgetting about them. Even though they were written down. Hmmm.  So I'm going back to my grab-a-bag-of-microwaveable-steamed-vegetables-and-throw-in-salt-and-pepper routine. It works for us.

In trying to anticipate the warmer weather that is on the way, (it IS on the way, right?) I have tried to add a few lighter recipes to the menu this month. And for my poor kids who are simply wanting some of our easy staples again, I've added those to the top of the list. Also making it's debut in our home...Indian food! I'm kinda excited about that one!

1. Chili
2. Spaghetti with meatsauce
3. Tomato Soup with Grilled Ham and Cheese
4. Chicken Tikka Masala (CP)
5. Chicken Teriyaki (CP)
6. French Toast Bake
7. Split Pea Soup (PC)
8. Southwest Quinoa salad
9. Baked Potato Bar
10. Korean Beef
11.  Baked Chicken Fajitas
12. Beef Tips and Mashed Potatoes (CP)
13. Best Hamburgers Ever
14. OMg Chicken
15. Cheesy Chicken and Rice (CP)
16. Bacon Ranch Chicken (CP)
17. Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad
18. The World's Best Chicken
19. Soba Noodles with Ginger Sweet Scallion Sauce
20. Zuppa Toscana (CP)
21. Cheeseburger Soup (CP)
22. Appetizer Night: Cheddar Bacon Dip, Not THAT Kind of Cowboy Caviar, Baked "Fried" Pickles, Cheesy Potato Wedges, Superb Lil' Smokies (CP),

 If you have any favorite recipes for the upcoming Spring and Summer months, please share them with me! I'm sure Pinterest will start producing them, but for now, my list is kind of lacking.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...