Sunday, August 28, 2011

Bed Rest: Day 114 (Last Full Day of Bed Rest)



Today is my last full day of bed rest. Tomorrow I will go home to my family of four for a few days before returning to the hospital again to deliver these babies. So many things are coming to end. The biggest thing is that this is going to be my last pregnancy. It's hard to believe that we are done so soon, but we've prayed about it, and this is what seems right for our family. Even through all of the "difficulty" I have with my pregnancies, it is a time in life that I absolutely adore. To me, it is fascinating to watch the process of creating a new life...or two or three as the case is with us. :) And it can be such a spiritual experience, being pregnant. I grow in my testimony and am made more aware of spiritual things. I gain a greater understanding of the importance of family, and of my family in particular. I gain a greater appreciation for parenthood...and motherhood. How blessed I feel to have been able to experience all of this. It saddens me a bit to think that this is it.

I also will miss the friends I have made here at Riverside. I love the nurses so very much, and I will truly miss their companionship. But I am so grateful for the physical, emotional and spiritual care they have given me.

So here I am, for the second time in my life, feeling the totality of the past and future colliding. It may not ever happen again, but THIS is what eternity feels like. And it is incredible.

3 comments:

Autumn said...

I'm so very very excited for you guys!! What an incredible exciting overwhelming feeling to be on your last day of bed rest! You're right, pregnancy is spiritual. I agree, the whole experience is testimony building. Good luck!!

everyday katie said...

You look amazing! I can't believe that's three healthy babies in there. Enjoy your time at home! I'm happy you get that chance.

Breezi@ Not Your Average Fairytale said...

I know it hasn't felt like it for you, but your pregnancy has by gone incredibly fast! I can't believe it's almost time to meet these beautiful little one! :)
Congrats on making it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...