Saturday, June 18, 2011

Bed Rest: Day 44 (New Room)

Yesterday morning, I was told that they were going to move me to a larger room that had just become available. I knew immediately what that meant, I was going back to the room I was in with the twins.

As I packed my things, I wondered how I was going to feel when I walked in. As they wheeled me down the hall, I kept thinking that the last time I was in this room, I was in a hysterical rush to leave...not sure I would ever see my Dad alive again. As they wheeled me into the room, I thought about that night, but I felt love. Love for the twins that I got to know so well here, even before they were born. For the Drs. and nurses who helped bring my precious children into this world safely. Love for my Dad who sat on the couch right next to my bed and visited me when I was here last time. And love for these triplets, who will be blessed to receive all of the love and expertise of all of the people who loved and helped their older brother and sister. It's all come full circle, and I'm glad to be here.

Today, Eli is bringing Charlie and Livy here to visit me for the first time. And I will tell them that this is the room I was in while I waited for them to come into our lives, just like we are waiting for their brothers and sister.

2 comments:

nancy said...

how many times do i have to keep telling myself this.......BUY STOCK IN KLEENEX, NANCY!!!!!!

Reed said...

Abbey! We're sorry we missed you! As we were leaving we saw Eli, Charlie, and Olivia, and found out that you were there too! I bet Valerie will want to come and visit you sometime. Hope all is well, and if there is anything that we can do for you and your beautiful family, please just let us know!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...