Monday, May 9, 2011

Bed Rest: Day 4 (& Mother's Day)

Today is the 4th day of bed rest this time around. Day 1 went really well. Charlie and Liv loved having their friend Henry around to play all day, and the novelty of someone else being "in charge" put them on their best behavior. :) I really enjoyed having my friend Leslie around too! It's so wonderful to have an adult to talk to. Especially when there isn't a whole lot I can do. She is such an amazing friend, and I will never be able to repay her for this incredible service she is providing our family. The hard part for me came at bed time when Charlie cried for "Mommy" and all I could do was sit there and listen. It broke my heart. But it's been much better each night since.

Eli did a great job over the weekend, though there will definitely be an adjustment period. Just like that, Eli is a single parent of three, as he's also waiting on me. He is the most wonderful husband and father. I am grateful to have him, and I'm glad our children will have an opportunity to draw closer to him through this experience. (Tonight was the first night that Livy woke up and called for Daddy instead of Mommy. :) This actually makes me happy, as it shows that she is adjusting well.) Thankfully, I have an equally wonderful Mom who came over to relieve Eli a bit on Saturday evening. Thank you Mom!


On Sunday, we celebrated Mother's Day. This is the first one where I was literally waited on hand and foot. :) Eli made a little breakfast in bed for me and then he and the kids gave me my gifts. It's become a tradition that my gifts come from Deseret Book, which carries church books, movies, cds, and other items. I absolutely LOVE this tradition. It's always such an uplifting gift. This year, Charlie and the boys gave me a CD of the men of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir (I love all male choirs!), Liv and Wendy gave me a wonderful book written by one of President Hinckley's daughters, Eli bought a little 3D puzzle of the Salt Lake temple to give me something to do on bed rest, and from the whole family I received an FHE board. It has exactly 7 assignments. Perfect for our family!

Though I missed my first Sunday at Church, it was nice to sit and contemplate in the quiet house while they were gone. Then later in the evening my mom and grandparents brought dinner over for a little Mom's Day celebration. It wasn't until that third night, after everyone left, that I began to feel a twinge of boredom.

And today, I really felt the affects of laying around all day. Getting up to go to the bathroom leaves me panting like I've just run around the block. Already, I feel like a lethargic blob. But I'm trying to get showered, dressed, and put on make-up each morning to keep myself feeling a part of the world. Having Leslie, Eli and the kids around is a tremendous help. I am hoping and praying that I will be able to stay out of the hospital for as long as possible as human contact is the key to warding off depression in this situation. So far, so good! I am feeling optimistic and trying to enjoy this precious time I have to rest, relax, and enjoy some things I love that I don't often get a chance to do...like reading...and blogging. :)

And that's pretty much that. I'll keep updating as we go!

1 comment:

Valerie said...

That Men of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir is one of my favorite CD's now! I gave it to myself for Easter :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...