Friday, October 1, 2010
Charlie's Facts in Five
1. Charlie has discovered my favorite part of Autumn..."Punkeens!" He loves them so much that he now thinks anything round or orange is also a pumpkin.
2. Brutus Buckeye is Charlie's new favorite thing. Which makes his Daddy pretty happy. :) He wakes up in the morning and the first thing he calls for is Brutus...and then his football.
3. Continuing with all things OSU, the other day Charlie flushed the potty and was so excited he shouted, "Go Bucks!"
4. Potty training. I attempted it with him. I read the book "Toilet Training in a Day", and I decided I would put it into action. I'll spare you the details at this point, but it didn't go well. There is definitely something to the method, and I will probably try again in a few months, but things just were not in our favor that day and so I decided to give it a rest. I still think Charlie shows all the signs of being ready for this next big step, so we'll give it a few months and see what happens. I still can't believe we're even thinking about this yet. Time flies.
5. Charlie asks me to sing "Teemple" ("I Love to See the Temple") when I put him down for nap everyday and will ask me to sing it throughout the day. Though he doesn't really sing along with me, he will supply the word that comes next when I stop singing mid-song. I love that one of his favorite songs is about such a wonderful thing. It brings the Spirit into our home. Thanks Charlie Bear!