Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Shoes, TV and Curtains

What do these three things have in common? My children, of course.

Shoes:
Charlie loves them. Still loves his football, but it's sorta taken a back seat to the shoes lately. He loves to wear them (especially his Crocs), carry them around, and go through his own little basket of them. He just loves them!




TV:
Livy loves it. We have a serious problem. She can now reach the TV and knows how to turn it on. Which means that no matter how many times I turn it off, it goes right back on again. She spent most of the day yesterday watching it. In the past, she would watch a minute or two and then go play with something else. But no more. She is a full blown addict and there is little I can do about it right now. Guess we'll have to take one for the team and go buy another TV we can mount on the wall. :)



I interrupted. Sorry Liv.
Curtains:
I love them. Hallelujah! Who knew that all we needed to solve our napping problems were curtains?! Yesterday, my kids slept in until 9:00. They usually wake up around 7:15 and then talk to each other until 7:45/7:50. Today they woke up at 8:00. Woohoo! But yesterday they also took a nap from...are you ready for this?...1:30-4:45! And I still had to wake Liv up! Now, I am not expecting this trend to continue, but I figure this curtain thing will probably help out quite a lot. YAY for curtains!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

maybe it's the curtains or maybe all those shoes and all that tv are wearing them out?

Jette said...

Could these kids get any cuter?! I think not. Way to go mommy and daddy!!

Sarah said...

My 12/12 baby loved to turn the tv on & off over and over and over! Luckily he didn't care to watch it. But, my solution to the problem was tape. I just put some clear tape over it so the button cannot be pushed. You can still use the remote through the tape. He now leave the tv alone. Just a thought. Good luck!

Unknown said...

Hmm... that's an interesting thought Sarah. Thank you. I will see if that works!

stacey erin said...

Liv's hair is so curly! And Charlie's pouty lips are just too much! I can't get over how big they have gotten.
Love you all!

The Katzbox said...

This is adorable. So Livvy likes using her fingers to make things happen and Charlie Boy is into textures and such. Oh my gosh. How much cuter can they get? I submit NOT!

That picture of Livvy from the back looks so much like Eli at that age, Abby. That's his hair color, his curls...so flippin' cute. I can't stand it.

I had a dream about the twins last night. I was playing with each of them. I was twisting them and manipulating them around like they are play doh. It was so funny. They were totally letting me. Livvy was very verbal and kept laughing and screeching and "talking" to me. Charlie would just look at me and was very quiet. But he keep staring at me while we were playing together. Not verbal, but very visual. I had fun in my dream. I can't wait to see them.

I'm afraid to proof read that above paragraph because of how perfectly odd it might sound....I'm going on faith that you'll still love me.

:)

Emmy said...

Mom, your dreams are always so spot on that it is a joy to get in your head! Keep posting. . . and don't proofread anything! :)
Love this post! Both of my kids went through a shoe thing. They loved them! Mae = total t.v. addict. Clark? eh.
Charlie and LIv are so super cute! I wish our kids could play together! Last time they were together Mae was busy holding Liv and Clark and Charlie were busy puking. We need another trip! :) LOve you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...