Sunday, March 8, 2009

Pizza Casserole

Last night I tried a new crockpot recipe that was a crowd-pleaser, so I thought I'd share it with you.

Pizza Casserole

I made a change to it though. Instead of cooking the pasta before putting it in the crockpot, I just threw it in uncooked. I prefer my pasta more al dente, and this method worked really well. It was just right. I think that it would be soupier if the pasta was pre-cooked. So make this decision based on your preferences.

I really enjoy these "pizza" recipes because it allows some creativity. If you would use it as a topping on your pizza, you can put it in the crockpot. Next time I might add a few banana peppers. Maybe skip the sausage and throw in some ham and pineapple? Not sure how that would go, but I'll probably give it a whirl sometime. Anyway, bon apetite!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad to hear that not cooking the pasta first worked out - i have been meaning to ask you about that.

yeah, this sounds like one of those fun recipes where you can play around with it quite a bit and get a variety of good results.

thanks, ab!

Eli Bowman said...

I can vouch for the utter goodness and undeniable scrumptious properties of said casserole.

The Katzbox said...

This was great Abby. I really appreciate the hint about the pasta. Not only does it save valuable time and effort, but it helps with the outcome and flavor-all wins! And Nancy's right, even someone like me can play around with this recipe. I have some mild peppers I can put in this...I know some missionaries I can feed this to who would LOVE this recipe!!! And don't even get me started on Eli's recommendation....nuff said, right thurrr..... Thanks again, honey.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...