Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Olivia

I have decided that it is time to devote posts to each individual child every now and then. I'm starting with Olivia because last night was a big night for her. Last night she was enjoying some awake time, so I placed her under her baby Gymini to get a little work out. She was really checking out the toys hanging from the bars, but after awhile started to get a little bored, and let us know with one of her very loud screamy-cries. (They are super cute by the way.) Anyway, I decided to flip her over for some tummy-time, hoping that maybe she would actually use tummy-time to work her body like she's supposed too! :) And lo and behold...she immediately rolled back over onto her back! An accident? Absolutely! But she rolled nonetheless. And doing these things by accident is the only way to learn that they can be done. So it's official! Olivia can roll over onto her back! And she's not quite 8 weeks old!

As with all of the "firsts", you never get a picture or video of it happening unless it's a fluke. But I did take a little video after I flipped her back to her tummy, hoping that MAYBE, just maybe, she might do it again. No such luck. No surprise. But she did work on it for quite awhile.



You may have also noticed that Liv usually has a bow on her head. I did NOT think I would be the mom who always needed to have a bow on her daughter's head. But it's just so stinkin' cute! How can I resist? However, what you don't see in the cute little photos is that Liv enjoys her bows too, but for a different reason. To her, they are toys. Every time I walk by her, I see this...



So I straighten it out. And when I come back...it's over the eyes again! Pretty funny actually. And if I don't fix the bow, or don't notice that it's over the eyes, she falls fast asleep. Maybe I should buy her one of those eye covers for sleeping! Miss Priss!:)

Finally, I thought I'd post this pic. She met her cousin Alex the other day and they had a lot of fun together. The first thing he said when he walked in was, "They're so small!" Yes Al, they are. But not for long!


7 comments:

Eli Bowman said...

Daddy's little girl!!

The Katzbox said...

This was adorable...absolutely adorable...I was so pleased to have Alex see his niece and nephew. I was just so jazzed to watch his reaction. Wasn't that the cutest thing??? All those years of watching Eli play with Alex and there they were, Eli showing Al HIS own little babies...there was that ocean of time again, just swooshing by...I'm so grateful you posted this Abby...I love you so much honey...thank you thank you thank you...

Brian said...

I showed this post/video to Muriel for a little encouragement and she said these words, "Yeah, I don't like tummy time. I think it's a form of parental torture. I'll roll over when I'm 18, mom! I'll DRIVE before I roll over, sucker! What do you think of that?" Then, she pooped.

Sarah.

Brian said...

BTW, I can't convey with words how many long hours I've tried to get M to nap during the day with my hands blocking the sunlight. Perhaps I should invest in one of those dual-purpose bows.

Anonymous said...

that's our girl! God love her! God love every sweet, little, pink inch of her! :)

Cort and Amy said...

Oh my gosh, so I am completely embarrassed that we have not seen these bundles of joy yet. But, I will not make excuses! It's our fault. Anyway, can you just let me know when is a good day to come by? I rather have to say when is good for you than me making you work around us.

Emmy said...

Yay, Livvy Livvy!! Go girl!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...