Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Where Were You When Barack Obama Was Sworn In?


It's one of those history making moments. The kind they always say you will never forget. You will ALWAYS remember where you were...when Kennedy was assassinated, when the Twin Towers fell, when the first African-American took the Oath of Office. So where were you?

My babies were warm and cozy with their Gram in our little hidey-hole watching the historic event on the TV. Eli and his co-workers took a time-out to watch the occasion. Me? I watched it with my O.B. Seriously, I did. I scheduled my 6 week post-partum appointment at 12:10 yesterday, smack dab in the middle of the festivities. When I realized this, I decided that if they called me back I would simply say, "No, I'm watching the inauguration. Get Melillo out here! He should be watching it too." But when the nurse opened the door, instead of calling my name she walked out into the waiting room followed by Melillo and they took a seat next to me and watched. What a cool guy. As if we didn't know that already.

After all of the important life moments we've shared together, I think he should havebeen my maid-of-honor. If only I had known. Sorry Les!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL, ab! yes, indeedy...... doctor melillo should have been your maid of honor. he woulda looked 10,000 times better in the dress than les did. (sorry, les.)

:)

Brown and Serve said...

First of all, you are the abbott. Secondly, I was at work!!! I would have liked to see it but of course they did not have it on because they are chumps!!!!!!!! Good luck to Prez Obama. I really think he can do a great job and I think he really cares which is nice.

acb

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...