I read this on my mother-in-law's blog and I liked it. The questions are amazingly relevant to the past year and especially the past month. So I am choosing to answer the questions for myself.
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Cared for a sick parent, gave birth, gave birth to twins, quit my job, was on bedrest for 10 weeks.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
A lot has happened this year. I don't even remember my resolutions.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
um...do I count?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My Dad. 12/16/2008
5. What countries did you visit?
None. But we did travel to SoCal and Torch Lake, MI.
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
a. 2 trustworthy cars
b. More time with my Dad.
c. More time with my children.
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
December 12, 2008, the day the C&O express arrived!!! And December 16, 2008, the day my Dad died.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I'd say giving birth is a pretty big achievement, wouldn't you? I also think giving you Dad permission to move on is equally impressive.
9. What was your biggest failure?
There is a lot I would have changed as I went throughout the year, but now, in hindsight, is it prideful to say that I don't think I failed at much? Because the important things were taken care of, and they are all that matter.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Eli's. He has been immeasurably wonderful this whole year.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Sadly, I can't pick just one. Happily, it's no one close to me.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Probably to frivolous things I can't remember purchasing. How sad.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Charlie and Olivia!
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
There are a couple. "All Summer Long" by Kid Rock (we listened to it repeatedly at Torch Lake), and "The Best Gift" By Babara Streisand.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? ~ yes
b) thinner or fatter? ~ yes
c) richer or poorer? ~ yes
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Spend time with Dad. But I did what I could with the situation I was given.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Morning with Laura and family, afternoon at the OSU NICU, evening with Mom and family.
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
Fell in love with my Charlie and Olivia
22. What was your favourite TV program?
Project Runway and American Idol
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
24. What was the best book you read?
I read so many! I just don't know!
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
New music in general is always a wonderful discovery
26. What did you want and get?
a child. Just asked for one, but I got two! Bonus!
27. What did you want and not get?
My Dad to get well. Physically, this didn't happen, but spiritually he's passed us all!
28. What was your favourite film of this year?
I can't remember what came out this year!
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 26 and I was on bedrest. Mom gave me small gifts throughout the day and Dad and Laura gave me 4 tickets to shows with gift certificates for dinner for each one. we got a mint chocolate ice cream pie from Graeter's and Bonzai Burgers from Red Robin. Yummers!
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
To have been able to attend the temple more.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
not what I want it to be! :)
32. What kept you sane?
My Heavenly Father
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
No one really
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Prop 8, and it wasn't even something I could vote for!
35. Who did you miss?
36. Who was the best new person you met?
Sadly, I didn't meet anyone new this year who became a larger part of my life. Maybe next year.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
Life is NOT what you expect. And that's okay.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Let all the children know, everywhere they go. Their whole life long, let them know love.