November's menu was a hit! This system totally works! Only thing that didn't was freezing all the veggies. I had serious doubts about this, but thought I'd give it a shot anyway. Veggies just don't freeze well, so I had to buy all of them again. But lesson learned, and this month shouldn't be a problem. I doubled a lot of the recipes and we've had TONS of leftovers to choose from. Add in Thanksgiving, and our fridge and freezer are stocked for another week if I didn't cook a thing! :)
Our favorite dishes of November were the Bacon & Cheese Chicken (now called "Cheeseburger Chicken.") You'll find it on the December menu too. It's delish! The Thai Chicken Pasta -to die for! And the Korean Beef (also repeated in December.) Jack has an iron deficiency, though not serious, so we try to get him to eat more red meat. He just doesn't like it. But he gobbled this dish right up, including the left overs!
As for the month of December, we have the twins' birthday dinners (they each get a night to pick the meal), two Sunday dinners away from home, and Christmas Eve and Christmas. I am only allowing us to eat out twice this month, given the added expense of the Christmas meal. So there is a lot of food this time around. Here's our menu!
1. Baked Corndog Muffins. This is the recipe I'm using because it's easier. But you could also use this one.
2. Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas
3. Kielbasa & Sauerkraut with German Potato Salad - I cut the Kielbasa links into smaller pieces and then fry them in Worcestershire sauce. You can throw the sauerkraut in after the meat is seared and cooked a little. So tasty!
4. Corn Chowder (CP)
5. Ziploc Omlettes & Home Fries - YES! This really works. And in fact, they make some of the yummiest omlettes I've had! You can cook everyone's at the same time!
6. Korean Beef
7. Cashew Chicken (CP)
8. Tomato Soup & Grilled Cheese
9. Crescent Roll Pizza Dippers & Salad
10. Taco Salad
11. Cream Cheese Chicken Chili (CP)
12. Spicy Thai Noodles
13. Honey Sesame Chicken & Rice (CP)
14. Red Beans & Rice (CP)
15. Spaghetti Aglio, Oli, E Peperoncino
16. Vegetarian Chili (CP)
17. Max & Erma's Tortilla Soup (CP)
18. Cheeseburger Chicken (CP)
19. Hawaiian Roll Baked Ham & Swiss Sandwiches
Christmas Eve (our big meal):
Ruth Chris' Sweet Potato Casserole
Blue Cheese Mashed Potatoes with Carmalized Mushrooms & Onions
Brussel Sprouts with Bacon, Maple Syrup, & Balsamic Drizzle
Minced Fruit Pie
Spiced Apple Cider (CP)
Monkey Bread - I'll be leaving out the nuts, but that's just a personal preference.
Take N Bake Pizza
Mini Meatballs (CP)
Cranberry Cream Cheese Dip
What are you having for your holiday meals?