Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

This year had a rather low-key Valentine's celebration. Having been on virtual house arrest for the past few weeks meant that I was unable to buy valentines, any valentine treats, or plan any fun activities. And today was a bit of a tricky day with all 5 kids at home, so needless to say, the love could have been felt just a little more. But we did do a few fun things, though I didn't take any pictures. The babies wore their "I <3 Mommy" outfits, and I made Charlie and Liv a special Valentine's Day lunch...heart shaped cheese and PB&J sandwiches. I also tried this fun idea I saw on Pinterest. The milk cube turns the milk pink as it melts.



We also attempted a heart shaped cake with a marbleized look made with red food coloring. Unfortunately, when I wasn't looking Charlie decided we needed more food coloring and dumped in about 1/4 of the bottle. I gave it a shot anyway, but once it had cooled it simply fell apart.

Gammy came over in the evening to watch the babies while Eli and I took Charlie and Liv to Cici's pizza for a special Valentine's date night. After eating, we played a racing game in the arcade there. It really was a lot of fun! I just love my family so much.

Happy Valentine's Day!

P.S. This was the post for Valetine's Day last year. Little did we know. :)

2 comments:

nancy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
nancy said...

no wonder you love your family so much. your family is so much awesome. (and i hate it when people use the word "awesome." but in this case, it applies.).

also, i remember when you told me at this time last year that you were pregnant. we were having lunch with the twins at "rusty bucket" in bexley. the twins were off the hook that day and you said, jeeze, i hope eli and i know what we're doing having another baby." :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...