Sunday, May 15, 2011

Bed Rest: Day 9

It's official. I'm entering the uncomfortable stage of this pregnancy. So far, things aren't so bad, but in the evenings, my back is sore and I just can't seem to get comfortable. And the breathing. Well...I can't. Not very well anyway. Eli tells me it's because I've just been lying around doing nothing...yeah...I'm sure it has absolutely nothing to do with the THREE babies I'm carrying around and who are fighting for space...with my lungs. But such is par for the course. I know more discomfort is on the way, but for now I'm just thankful it's minimal.

This last week has been truly crazy. My wonderful friend Leslie, who pretty much moved herself and her son down here from Michigan to watch my kids throughout my bed rest had a surprise of her own. At 8 weeks pregnant, she had some complications of her own. We are all praying that she and her baby will be fine. But in the meantime, we needed to come up with an alternate plan for Charlie and Liv. After many phone calls, my mom saved the day, along with a friend from church and Eli's Aunt Duck watched the kids on Friday. Even more amazingly, with one simple request, the women in our Relief Society at church volunteered to watch Charlie and Liv for the rest of the month. Talk about willingness to serve! However, we won't be needing them now, as Eli's mom is flying out today to spend the summer with us. She will be taking Leslie's place. I can not express how overwhelming it is to be the recipients of so much love, service and time. Just knowing that all of these people are so willing to come to the rescue has made this whole experience so much less stressful. There are blessings waiting for all of them. :)

Charlie and Liv still seem to be doing alright with this new situation and so many different people in and out, but it might be starting to wear on them just a little bit. I am hoping that once we can fall into a regular rhythm with Moo Moo, things will feel more stable for them. How this is affecting them is a constant worry of mine. So much change for such little children. I keep reminding myself that Eli and I are not the only parents they have. There is a loving Father in Heaven who works with us to make sure our children will be alright. One more thing to be grateful for.

We've overcome the first stone in our path. Let's just hope the next one isn't a boulder! :)

4 comments:

nancy said...

we all love you. i mean, we all love all of you. :)

Unknown said...

SO glad your mother in law is coming- what a blessing for you and especially the twins to have her!! I will come see you this week too!

stacey erin said...

I didn't know Leslie was expecting another one! Please send her my love.

I'm trying to come home for a quick weekend in June, and will try to see you and my little buddies if you are up to it. I'll call you when I know more details!

Amanda B. said...

So sorry to hear about your friend. Considering what I just went through, it is heartbreaking to me.

I am so glad all worked out. Seriously, whenever you have a need, don't hesitate to call one of us. It seriously took no more than a few hours to get that month covered!

I hope your discomfort stays minimal!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...