Wednesday, February 9, 2011
Charlie's Facts in Five
1. Charlie is that kid who becomes extremely nervous in new situations and needs to be reassured constantly. His new thing is wanting to hold someone's hand while eating and riding in the car. Neither of these is easy or safe (ironic isn't it?). Poor guy.
2. Look at the picture to the right. What is that you see around Charlie's neck? If you guessed a tie, you would be right about 50% of the time. The other 50% of the time, you would be surprised to know, it's Charlie's shadow. Yep. Too much Peter Pan.
3. Charlie is now a master at putting on his own boots. Shoes are still a little complicated as there isn't much to hold on to, but he can definitely work the boots. Yesterday, he put them on all by himself when I told him we were going to the store. I heart self-help. :)
4. When I was a child, my parents would do a "5 minute check" at night. Essentially, that meant that they would tuck me in and then come back in 5 minutes to check on me. We have started this with Charlie. It seems that he needs to see us one more time before he can fall asleep at night. (See #! about that reassurance thing). Last night was the first night we tried it, and it worked perfectly. He stayed in bed, but was sure to call out, "Mommy! Where are you?!" at around the 5 minute mark. Haha!
5. After that 5 minute check last night, I was leaving the room when Charlie said, "Mommy. Give me kiss." Melted my heart. It's the first time he's ever asked me for one. :)