Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas From the Bowmans!

Card and pictures by Leslie Sleesman...because she does everything for me.
BTW Les, I have some laundry that needs to get done. :)

It's Christmas Eve, and I am so excited for this evening and tomorrow. The C&O express are finally "getting" what Christmas is. We have really tried to emphasize that it is the day we celebrate the birth of Jesus, but there's been a healthy dose of Santa Claus thrown in too. :)

So far we have been laying around the house watching Christmas movies. The kids are still in their jammies, and even though I did shower, I might as well be in pajamas. :) Eli has to work today, but he will be home early, so we are looking forward to having him here with us.

Tonight, we will have my mom and Eli's mom over for pizza and a few festive party foods. We will probably watch Mr. Kreuger's Christmas, which features the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and makes me cry every time I watch it. I'm guessing we will watch A Charlie Brown Christmas too, because really, "that's what Christmas is all about!" Then after the kids are asleep, it's assembly time. This year we have A LOT to assemble. Hopefully we won't be up all night long.

Then tomorrow we will wake up and see the magic happen. I usually keep the presents under the tree all season long, but this year I didn't want to risk having to wrap everything three times because of the twins' curiosity. So that means that when Charlie and Liv wake up, they will see a tree full of presents. I can't wait to see what they do this year.

Anyway, we wish you a Merry Christmas and hope that your Christmas is filled, not just with presents, but with love. Especially the love of Christ.

2 comments:

The Katzbox said...

Abby, everything was beautiful. The evening was perfect. The moogies were perfection in their Christmas pajamas, but then, they're perfection in anything and everything. The cheese buffet was outstanding and your cheese ball was the best thing I ever put in my mouth, for real, do NOT forget that recipe. I had so much fun witnessing the assembly and playing the MindFlex game and being in the midst of so much love. Thanks for sharing your home, your family and the spirit that resides there.

xoxo, MooMoo

nancy said...

what MooMoo said.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...