1.Wrapping paper or gift bags? I LOVE wrapping presents. I told Mom the other day that I would totally be a mall gift wrapper to make a little extra cash. Evey year I have a theme...old fashioned Christmas, sparkly, gold, cute...this year it's a wintry theme. Love it! However, bags are sometimes necessary. There is nothing I hate more than an oddly shaped package that someone tried in vain to wrap. Get a bag for goodness sake! Only exception? Children's toys. Why can't they just put them in a square box?!
2.Real or Fake Tree? Real. Real. Real.
3. When do you put up the tree? Only stipulation is that you have to wait until Thanksgiving dinner is over. And I mean DINNER, not a late lunch.
4. When do you take the tree down? By January 1st. No longer.
5. Do you like eggnog? In small doses.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? My parents always gave me great gifts, but I barely remember any of them. What I remember are the traditions, the love, and the warmth that Christmas brought.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Do I have a nativity scene?! Um...yeah. 1. White porcelean figures. It was made by the woman who cared for my paternal grandfather when his parents passed away. She gave it to him as an adult. It was always on my grandparents mantel. Somehow my Dad got it when my Grandma passed away. Then he gave it to me the first Christmas Eli and I were married. 2. A precious moments one. Just Mary and Jesus. It's my own special one. What a sacred relationship...mother and child. 3. A Peruvian one Eli and I found at this great store at Easton. 4. A totally cute one that My Grandparents (Rankin) gave to Charlie and Liv for their birthday this year. 5. An advent calendar that is a nativity scene. 6. A Christmas ornament that's a nativity scene. 2 actually....I think that might be it.
8. Hardest person to buy for? If you aren't a kid you are hard.
9. Easiest person to buy for? Kids. :)
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever got? This isn't the worst, but the most disappointing. But at the same time, the most meaningful. I REALLY wanted a Rainbow Bright one year. When I opened it, it wasn't dressed correctly. It had this (what I perceived to be) outerspace-like costume on. I was heart broken. But my parents just couldn't find the regular one anywhere. They tried! Love you!
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Email? What?!
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? A Charlie Brown Christmas.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? It varies every year. I try to do it as soon as possible, but sometimes it doesn't happen.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Nope!
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? EVERYTHING! When I was little we used to go this Christmas Eve party thrown by my parents' friends. It was here that I grew to love vienna sausages. Mmmmm!
16. Colored or clear lights on the tree? Either, but there's a certain way it must be done. If you do colored, they have to be the big lights. If you do white, they have to be small. I'm not a huge fan of small colored lights in general, but they are better than nothing!
17. Favorite Christmas song? Silent Night. I think it is the epitome of what the season is all about.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? This is the first year we haven't gone from house to house. We're staying at home. So I'll have to answer this after we give that a whirl.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Here's the funny thing about this question. If I write them out, the next person can lie and just keep my answer, even if they don't know them all. However, if I just say "yes", you have to take my word for it. I could be lying and you'd never know...hmm...what a conundrum.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? I've had both. I don't think I care. I've also had snowflake. Haven't had a bow, but I love the way they look. (Abbey, you would have a bow on the top of your tree. Did you make it? :) )
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Open your new PJs on Christmas Eve. Everything else has to wait till Christmas morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? People who don't allow themselves to feel the Christmas spirit and act accordingly.
23. What do you enjoy most about Christmas? That most people DO feel the Christmas spirit and act accordingly. Is it any wonder that things are better this time of year when so much of the world is focused on the Savior?
24. Hot Chocolate or Cider? I love both. Ironically, I haven't had either this year. I need to get on that!
25. What do you want for Christmas? I asked for an alarm clock. Lame I know. But that's more what I need. What I want is a happy, safe, loving year for me and my family. And for you!
Now, copy and paste and fill this thing out!