Monday, January 12, 2009

Happy 1 Month Birthday Charlie and Liv!


Happy 1 month Birthday Charlie and Liv! I can't believe that they are already one month old. What a month it has been. And truly, it has flown by so very fast. When it began, they were swimming in their preemie clothes. We just couldn't find anything that actually fit! And then on Friday I changed Olivia into the pajamas she got in her NICU Christmas stocking and guess what? She couldn't fully extend her legs! She's outgrown it! And Charlie has outgrown his little nightgown from the NICU, and their little pink and blue OSU hats just won't stay on anymore. Tonight I put Liv in a shirt that came down to her feet in the NICU. Now it hits her mid thigh! Amazing. Truly amazing.


It's funny. I already have a hard time remembering how tiny they were when they were born. When people see them now they think they are so small (and they are), but they were SO much smaller when they were born. I miss their smallness already. :) And now that we are a month out, I am already thinking that I want to do it all again. Never have I enjoyed my day to day life as much as I do now. Tired? Absolutely! But being in my own home with my own little family is about the greatest thing I could possibly imagine doing. Watching them sleep and just holding them close is the greatest blessing and the greatest healing I could ask for. I love these two little people so much I can't stand it! But I do miss being pregnant. And I miss the absolute newness of life. By now there are thousands, even millions of newer people in the world. It's so hard to believe. My babies are already old. :)


4 comments:

The Katzbox said...

Happy one month birthday sweet angels. One month!!! Abby, our entire family is so happy for you, for Charlie and Olivia and for Eli-for your entire little family. We are so thrilled for your future. And once again honey, you astound and amaze us, though why-we should be used to it-at the depth and breadth of your talent and profound goodness and your eternal mothering spirit. We adore you Abby. I am so very very grateful to Eli for bringing you into our family for time and all eternity. You are a family treasure...and how grateful we are for all that you have done and continue to do in bringing these children to us and maintaining their health and happiness....we love you all....always and forever....

TT said...

Happy BDay, Charlie & Liv! Thank you for such a beautiul post, Abby. It is inspiring and I will carry it (and a smile) with me the rest of today. I'll print the pics from Grandma too!

Emmy said...

Love you, love you, love you, love you, love you!! This was so touching and inspiring, Abbott. Thanks for showering your family with love and devotion. I cannot begin to explain how lucky these babies (and Eli!) are to have you as their wife and mother. You are so special. So. Special.

Unknown said...

Hey!! You guys look like you are doing soo good! I am so glad to see the babies are a month old and doing well. They are the cutest little babies ever! I can't wait to see what they are like as they grow. It makes me excited for our baby! I hope you and Eli are doing good as well, not too sleep deprived :-) have fun!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...