Saturday, May 24, 2008

Yo Baby!


On Wednesday of last week, Eli and I found out that we are going to have a baby! We have been trying for almost a year, and finally we are preparing to welcome a new member of our family into our home. We are so excited! I am only 5 weeks along, so it's still pretty early on but we are enjoying letting people in on the good news.

So far, no morning sickness and I hope this continues. But my mom had it bad, so I'm still holding my breath. I am also enjoying being able to eat whenever I feel hungry and not having to feel too guilty about it. But it's definitely been tricky to work out what I can and should be eating and drinking, and what to avoid. Crystal Light, my main source of water is a no-no thanks to good old aspertame. And I am trying to cut out soda, though I do have a 12 pack of Sprite in the fridge in our basement just in case the nausea starts to set in. We stocked up on juice today to the tune of $26! Hey, I need variety okay?!

There is so much to think about and do, and though we can't make many concrete plans until we know what we're having (we do plan to find out), it's hard for me not to take a peak at all the baby things available. Mom and I went to Babies R Us today just to do some window shopping. We'll have to be creative with the baby's room because it is SUPER small and there is not closet. It would be hard just to fit a crib and dresser/changing table in it. But I love these sorts of decorating challenges, so it should be fun.

Eli is thrilled and very excited to be a dad. And he's going to be a great one. Mostly, our thoughts are consumed with the good news. I will update on the baby situation as things arise.

8 comments:

Emilia said...

Oh My Goodness!!! Congratulations, you guys!!! So happy for you!

The Katzbox said...

I know my feet haven't hit the ground yet either. It would be fun to take a picture of your pregnancy every day at the same time in the same place at a profile just to see the progress. That would be fascinating. Well, we love you so much and offer so many prayers for you and Eli and our newest family member...someone else to love-ain't it grand???!!! Love, momma

Abbey said...

Congrats again! We're super excited for you...I suppose that all these babies are going to make our weekends together just that much more exciting!

J. Miyoshi Zuehl said...

I KNEW IT! I had a feeling this news would be coming very shortly... Congratulations!!! You're BOTH going to be great parents. Hooray! All my love to both of you...

Jette said...

I am so happy that I will have a little tadpole in Columbus. I love you guys so much. I am so blessed to have you as the parents of my little niece or nephew.

(Stephanie or Jette make great names..Hint Hint Wink Wink.)

Love you both!!!

Sabourins said...

Yayyyy!!!!!!!! Very excited and happy for all 3 of you! This child is so lucky to have you and Eli as parents and we can't wait to meet him/her in the flesh in January!!! Tell Eli to get his snow tires on before your due date! (my mom had this problem when I was born).... ;)))))

Anonymous said...

I am in such a deliriously happy daze, I can't tell you! I am so happy for these two goof-balls, I don't know what to do. They sooooooooo deserve this, don't they?

What a lucky baby this is going to be. Well, already is.

Take your vitamins, Ab, or I will come over there and pound you over the head! :)

Love to the moon and back,
Mom

Jessica said...

Oh man! Congratulations. Your baby is one lucky kiddo.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...