Thursday, May 29, 2008

Memorial Day

Memorial Day was fun. Eli woke up early to help flip pancakes for the annual Pancake Breakfast the Worthington Ward puts on each year. It's a tradition for him...but not for me. My tradition is sleeping. But he had a good time. At 10:00 we went to the parade, but again, not together! Eli goes to a specific location (Selby and High St.) every year with his Dad. So he did that, and I met up with my Dad and family. The parade was good, and I always get a little choked up when the veterans drive by. So many people have given their lives for our country. It's just amazing, and I am so thankful to them.

Dad and Jaden anjoying the parade. She had a cold, poor thing!


Jalen and Connor (Dad's neighbor) sporting the cool and patriotic shades!



Our designated Flag Carriers

Later in the day we had a picnic on Dad's street and were even treated to a play put on by the neighborhood children. Not only are they theatrically inclined, they have good business sense. They charged $1 a person to see the show! Thankfully, pets were free so we didn't have to pay for Emma's admission. But I think prices have gone up since I was a kid. Our shows were free! Anyway, it was a good weekend. We saw friends from out of town (the Gang, and the Sleesmans) and we ate entirely too many brauts!

4 comments:

The Katzbox said...

Oh man, did THIS bring back memories...Eli, Eric and their dad LOVED that pancake breakfast while I loved sleeping in...it was a day off from work for me so I took full advantage of it...and the parade oh yes...I used to march in it when I was in high school...I just love it that traditions live on. I love the life you and Eli are living honey...don't get me wrong, I would never kick you out of southern california...and feel free to bring your mom, SoCal could use a good laugh and a good poet...but I'm happy for your life. You inspire me honey...you always have.

Emmy said...

Ditto on that, Mom! They do live a perfect little all-American dream, don't they?! Abby, you are so wonderful - I couldn't be more thrilled to have you part of our family. LOVE YOU!
xoxox

Eli Bowman said...

mmm....pancakes....

Brian said...

I missed Leslie?!?!?!? Man!!!! Bummer. ;(

Yeah, you and Eli do live the cutest life! I agree. And you live behind Graeter's which is like living in a virtual utopia-land. Brian and I have always been jealous... but only in a good way!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...