Tuesday, February 12, 2008

SNOW DAY!! And Valentines...


Yes! Thank you, thank you, thank you!! Finally, a snow day. There's nothing like waking up in the morning and going right back to sleep! No plans, just fun and relaxation. Not to mention the beautiful snow. I will post pictures, but not just yet. We are supposed to get another 3-5 inches over night, so hopefully that will happen and the pictures I post will be worthy of their prominence. Maybe another snow day tomorrow? Please?!

Eli and I rented some videos and ate lunch at Applebees. We had a nice time. It was the perfect ending to our Valentine's celebration last night. Because Eli has to work most weeknights, we planned to celebrate the holiday on Monday. So we went to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. Neither of us had ever been there, but it was fabulous. Eli got veal (which makes me sad because it's just a little baby cow), but he said it was delicious. I got chicken stuffed with bleu cheese. To die for. We also got steak fries (strange I know, but they were gourment) with sundried tomatoes, basil and garlic. And a sweet potato casserole that melted in our mouths. Ceasar salad for Eli and a house salad with a yummy lemon basil cream dressing.

Here I must insert a funny thing that happened. When our waiter first came to our table, he informed us that they cooked their meat at 500 degrees to insure that every bite was warm. Later, when he came back to take our order, he asked Eli what temperature he would like his steak cooked. Eli looked blankly at me, opened his mouth and said something along the lines of, "Uh, mubbu, um...I don't really know." So the waiter said, "Medium? Medium well?" Eli replied that he would like his steak cooked medium well. After the waiter left I asked, "You thought he was asking what temperature they should set the oven too didn't you?" He said, "yep!" Haha! The 500 degree comment threw him off! But I laughed so hard. Classic.

After dinner we went to see 27 Dresses at Easton. It was cute and we both enjoyed the evening. And Eli go me DVR for my Valentine's gift! I'll never miss another episode of American Idol again! Thank you honey!

7 comments:

Jette said...

I am so happy that ya'll had a good time. It sounded wonderful. I can acually see Eli' reaction to the waiter...too funny. Classic Eli-wonderful. I love ya'll both. I'm so proud of both of you.


I'm with you Abby-Let hope for snow days!!

The Katzbox said...

What a cute entry!!! Good one...and I can't wait to see the pics...YAY

Emmy said...

Apparently, I grew up in the deep south and don't even know it! What's with the y'all's, steph? Funny girl.
This sounded like such a great night! It's funny. . .I was just thhinking, "hey, it would be nice to have snow days." I then repented repeatedly and promised to never utter those words again. . .I am not a snow girl. It's just the idea of being stuck inside with my family and the whole world stopped around us. I also love how sound is muffled outside when it snows. It's so quiet. . .
We live on top of a hill, with no clouds and it's always the same. . .we get tons of echos, so, silence sounds cool.
Boy. . .I am rambling here! But, I know who reads your blog and I don't think they'll care. . .right, Y'all!?
LOVE!

The Katzbox said...

Ya'll just rock on with your bad selves...

Eli Bowman said...

I'm with all ya'll!

Unknown said...

Ya'll come back now, ya hear?

Diane said...

hey...
are you dissin' the south? I just might have to hog-tie y'all...and send you to bed with no grits. Or "sik" Michelle on y'all...my little georgia peach, or jess down in Carolinah.
Momma Hebdon

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...