Monday, January 28, 2008

Tribute to President Hinckley

I was baptized into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints on November 19, 2000. I was 18. At the time, the Prophet and President of the Church was Gordon B. Hinckley. I have watched him in General Conference every 6 months for the past 7 years, and I have hung on every wonderful word that he has said. We have never met, but I have a love for this gentle man, and I am thankful to him for his example, his love and all that he has sacrificed for the Church and for me.

Last night at 7:00pm mountain standard time, President Hinckley passed away. When I have imagined the moment I would hear of his passing, I thought I would be overcome with grief. But instead, I feel only peace and a supreme joy that he is now reunited with his wife and his Savior. He has served and worked in the church since he served his mission at 19 years of age. He has given much. And so I am attaching a video clip of his testimony. Because even though the great things he has accomplished can not be numbered, baring his testimony was his supreme and ultimate calling in this life, and he has fulfilled it. And I would love to help him share it one last time.



"We Thank Thee, Oh God, for a Prophet."

2 comments:

Eli Bowman said...

He was just so amazing. I can't wait until we use his teachings for the Priesthood and RS lesson manual.

Anonymous said...

I understand that his funeral is today. I will be thinking of him and of both of you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...