Friday, January 11, 2008

The New Me

Today was an interesting day. Several of my co-workers didn't know who I was, and I gave Eli quite a start when he woke up and saw me this morning. You see, yesterday, I woke up as a blonde and today, I woke up...well...not so blonde. I have always been a blonde. Even when my hair got darker, it was still blonde (though a very unattractive dishwater shade). In fact, I have been almost every shade of blonde in the book. So what does a girl do when she has exhausted blonde? She goes for brunette! So I have been scaring myself all day long. Whenever I pass a mirror, I do a double take. And when strands of my hair fall in my face, I'm not sure what to think. I have had to totally change the way I think about myself. It's amazing how something like hair color becomes so much a part of who you are. A few of you have asked to see pictures, so I have taken some to show you the new do.





No more dumb blonde jokes for me! I think this color is already making my smarter. Is that a light bulb over my head?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Abby! You are tooooooooo adorable! I love this look!!!!!!!!!!! And I about cracked up over the lightbulb joke! HA!

Let's face it, gang. Abby could shave her head and it would probably work.

I love the tones in your hair. So, so natural looking.

Makes your old gray ma start to think......

Emmy said...

Oh, my word! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!! YOu look amazing! Few blondes can legitly go both ways and look cute - and, BOY do you pull it off! I think I like it almost a little better! And, I really like your blond hair, so that's saying a lot! I mean I LOVE IT!
But, seriously, nancy. ..you're right. . .the girl is so stinkin' adorable. . .she could have a mohawk and still be cutie patooty.

Emmy said...

p.s. the cut is GREAT, too!

Jette said...

I so love the brown hair. 'bout time we have another brunette. I LOVE IT!!

Jessica said...

It looks really great Abby! I like you both ways, but it must be nice to have a big change.

Abbey said...

I LOVE it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...